A number of Port Macquarie’s leading players will compete for the Northern Eagles in the X-Blades National Touch League.This year the competition will be played at Port Macquarie’s Regional Sports Stadium and the Tuffins Lane fields from Thursday this week until Sunday.http://www.portnews.com.au/news/local/news/general/northern-eagles-take-on-allcomers-on-home-turf/2479248.aspxLarge Touch ContingentThe Cairns Post 24.02.2012Twenty-five Cairns touch football players will head to Port Macquarie next month to represent Queensland in the National Touch League.The players have been selected to represent Cairns in a number of age groups at the national championships.In the men’s open team, Cairns touch stalwart Col Beckitt will coach fellow Far North representatives Lawrence Oberleutter and Theo Majid.Connie Finlay will play in her first open women’s team and Chanel Ryan and Evie Everden were chosen in the open mixed division.Troy Hastie earned another call-up for the over-40 men’s alongside three other Cairns players, while 12 representatives will be in the over 50 and over-55 teams. Mel Dunne, Kym Finlay and Katina Davis will represent Cairns in the over-35 women’s team.Six locals picked for National LeagueGoulburn Post, 05/01/2012Six locals will don the green and gold strip of the Southern Suns when they join 4000 players at the National Touch League in Port Macquarie. Chris Roberts has been named in Barry Jackson’s 13-strong under 20s men’s team, Joel Macpherson in the male open squad, Emma Price, Rachael Ross and Courtney Wallace in the women’s open team and Sophie Broadhead in the mixed open outfit. Aside from performing well at an individual level, the sextet is eager to buck the Southern Suns’ lean spell at the nationwide tournament when it taps off on March 8. Of the teams to be represented by Goulburnians, only the men’s 20s have a won a National Touch League in the last 15 years. A handful of home-made touch footballers will help re-write the record books if they have their way at the four-day carnival. To view, please click on the links below. If you see a story in your local media about the NTL that you’d like to see on the website, please email [email protected] Set For NTLAustralia’s best players, coaches and referees will unite at Port Macquarie next week for four days of action-packed touch football.The National Touch League (NTL) is Australia’s premier touch football event featuring affiliated regional and state representative teams from all states and territories throughout Australia.http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2012/03/01/touch-football-australias-best-players-coaches/Youth To Provide Spark For SwansYouth will be the key for the South West Queensland Swans when the National Touch League kicks off in Port Macquarie on Thursday.After finishing runner-up at the state championships last year, the open women’s side is hoping to go one better on the national stage.http://www.thechronicle.com.au/story/2012/03/06/young-guns-to-provide-spark-for-south-west/Northern Eagles Take On All Comers On Home Turf
MONTREAL — Olympic-style weightlifting isn’t just about strength or power. It’s about speed, coordination, focus.More than five decades ago, Marcel Perron learned that in a visceral way.The 85-year-old lifter — then a young member of the Canadian national team — was at a Montreal bus depot when he spotted a driver surrounded by three assailants.“They were mad at him. I don’t know why … but I knocked them, bop-bop,” he said. “You have to be explosive, swift,” he said.For years Perron worked as a nightclub bouncer — “a small bouncer … I was not big, but I was fast.”Now the senior gym junkie is on track to win the World Masters Weightlifting championship, an annual contest hosted this year in Montreal where nearly 800 men and women over 34 are competing by age and weight class.Currently the oldest competitor, Perron may not hoist the heaviest weights over his head, but the title of grandmaster is determined by a formula that accounts for age and weight, making the spry 156-pounder the man to beat after he clean and jerked 61 kilograms — equivalent to almost two La-Z-Boy recliners.The event, which kicked off Friday, draws entrants from 60 countries, including Genice Paullay-Beazley, 50, who was working out hours after her flight touched down from New Zealand on Saturday morning.A member of that country’s national Olympic weightlifting body and owner of a CrossFit studio in Auckland, Paullay-Beazley came to the sport by way of bodybuilding after starting to pump iron at 16 in New York City, where she grew up.“This wasn’t really available to women then,” she recalled, adding that weightlifting has grown “exponentially” in the last decade or so.“It’s exploded, at least for us in New Zealand,” she said. “It’s been actually really liberating to carry a little more skin on me, a little more fat on me, and care more about getting weight over my head than what my butt looks like in a bathing suit.”Most rewarding has been discovering the strength, skill and technique her body is capable of, she said.“It’s my catharsis. I’m a mom. I own a business. This is the only thing I do for me, really.”As Paullay-Beazley speaks, steel weights periodically crash to the ground in the training zone, walled off by a black curtain that shakes with the floor panels while men and women in Lycra onesies squat, chalk their palms and fling down barbells.At the snack counter nearby, a tray of hard-boiled eggs complements the chips and sports drinks on offer.For Owen Duguay, 69, it’s not the protein but the persistence and mental discipline that keep him tethered to the sport.“I like that when you first start out, you set a goal. And my goal was to get back in shape,” said Duguay, a retired tax collector who used to run a weightlifting club in Sherbrooke, Que.He developed tendinitis recently, which required constant stretching and icing.“I had to overcome that and start over again from zero and gradually build my way up,” said Duguay, an internationally qualified referee.“Weightlifting is my passion. It’s the sport I like so much that 50 years later, I’m still lifting.”Mario Robitaille, 54, has felt that same gravitational pull since 1978, when he first met Marcel Perron, the now-85-year-old local superstar.Robitaille, part of the organizing committee this year, was about 14 when he started to lift.“It gives the idea to the young that you have to put in effort if you want to succeed,” he said. “The more you train, the more you can lift. No shortcuts.”The week-long contest Robitaille helps oversee takes place in the shadow of Montreal’s Olympic Stadium, at the Centre Pierre-Charbonneau. But he says shadier side of weightlifting — and many Olympic sports — has no place at the Masters contest.“You cannot compete and take drugs,” he said. Roughly 10 per cent of all competitors are selected for random tests of steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs, according to the organization.Perron, who used to use his lunch hour to bench-press and dead-lift in the basement of the foundry where he once worked, said he’s never considered doping.A firefighter for 15 years and lifelong Montrealer, he retired 35 years ago to focus on weightlifting. He gets some help from sponsors for international contests but mostly pays his own way, often taking out an informal loan.“I remember many years ago somebody phoned me at home who was supposed to be a sponsor,” Perron recalled. “I said, ‘OK, what can you do?’ He said, ‘I will buy you a (wheel)chair.’“I shut the line,” he said. “Too bad I didn’t break the phone.”Established in the mid-1980s, the World Masters Weightlifting competition runs Aug. 16 to 24 in Montreal.Christopher Reynolds, The Canadian Press
New Delhi: The Election Commission of India (ECI) on Thursday told the Supreme Court that it will hold by-elections on vacant assembly seats of Tiruparankundram, Ottapidaram and Aravakurichi in Tamil Nadu within a reasonable time. The counsel appearing for the ECI told this to a bench of Justices S A Bobde and S A Nazeer which was hearing a plea filed by the DMK seeking a direction to the poll panel for holding the by-elections on these three vacant assembly seats. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’The bench, while taking on record the submissions of the ECI’s counsel, disposed of the petition and observed that the court cannot determine the timing of elections and it was for the poll panel to decide. The counsel appearing for the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) had earlier told the apex court that there are 21 vacant assembly seats in Tamil Nadu but the poll panel has notified by-polls for only 18 seats. The DMK’s counsel had said that by-polls on 18 vacant seats are scheduled to be held on April 18 along with the Lok Sabha polls in the state. He had said that the ECI should be asked to hold the by-elections on the remaining three assembly seats along with the general elections.
Mumbai: Almost over a year after Irrfan Khan was diagnosed with neuroendocrine tumour, the actor recently confirmed his recovery and expressed his gratitude towards his fans for standing by him during his health crisis. The actor, who was photographed at Mumbai airport a day ago after a long absence owing to his health scare, announced his return on Twitter in a statement. “Maybe somewhere in the pursuit of winning, we forget how much it means to be loved. In our vulnerability, we are reminded.” Also Read – I have personal ambitions now: Priyanka”As I leave my footprints onto these steps of my life, I want to pause to be grateful for receiving your immense love and support, it soothed me in my process of healing. So I travel back to you, thanking you from the bottom of my heart,” Irrfan wrote. The National Award-winning actor first spoke of his health on March 5, 2018, when he revealed that he was suffering from a “rare disease” but was yet to get a conclusive diagnosis. He later revealed he was diagnosed with neuroendocrine tumour, a rare form of cancer that can target various parts of the body. Irrfan was out of the country for treatment. Last October, a spokesperson for the actor said that Irrfan may return to the country after Diwali. The representative for Irrfan also dismissed the reports that the actor will soon start shooting for Hindi Medium 2.
Mumbai: An aircraft of budget airline SpiceJet operating on the Delhi-Shirdi route, overshot the runway while landing at the Shirdi airport on Monday. According to the airline, no harm was caused to either the passengers or the crew. “On 29 April 2019, SpiceJet B737-800 aircraft operated SG 946 from Delhi to Shirdi. While landing at Shirdi, the aircraft overshot the runway. Passengers and crew are safe and are being deplaned normally,” the airline said in a statement.
Dublin: Jofra Archer insisted he had received a warm welcome into the England set-up but stressed he would have no complaints if he failed in a late bid to make it into the tournament hosts’ World Cup squad. The Barbados-born fast bowler made his much talked about England debut in a tense four-wicket win away to Ireland in a lone one-day international in Dublin on Friday. Archer, 24, was all set to be unavailable for the World Cup until the England and Wales Cricket Board reduced its residency qualification rule from seven years to three. Also Read – We will push hard for Kabaddi”s inclusion in 2024 Olympics: RijijuThe Sussex star has made an impact on the Twenty20 franchise circuit but doubts have been expressed as to whether England, top of the ODI rankings, should ‘parachute’ him into their World Cup squad at this late stage. Archer showed his quality when he bowled Mark Adair with a 90mph yorker to claim his first international wicket. Before this match, several England bowlers — David Willey, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood — whose places in the World Cup squad could be threatened by Archer’s inclusion were somewhat reticent when asked about his imminent promotion to the international scene. Also Read – Djokovic to debut against Shapovalov at Shanghai MastersBut the new recruit insisted he had felt no hostility when joining up with Eoin Morgan’s men. “It’s been very welcoming,” said Archer, who could also play in Sunday’s Twenty20 against Pakistan in Cardiff. “Sometimes the media can get things wrong and misquote people. Since I’ve been here I didn’t feel any malice at all. It’s a really welcoming bunch of lads. “I knew most of the guys before coming here and it’s nice to come into a new team with some people you know. I’m here with a great team at a great time. I’m happy.” England selection chief Ed Smith is due to unveil his final 15-man squad for the World Cup on May 23 Willey, Wood and Woakes were named alongside Liam Plunkett and Tom Curran as the specialist seam pacemen in the preliminary pick last month. “Anyone would think about it (the World Cup) but I’ll just try to play well and hope, I guess,” said Archer. “I’ll try not to set my heart on it. “Obviously the guys have been together a long time and they probably do deserve it so I won’t feel too bad if I’m left out. “If I do well here it will probably put my case forward but I’m not focusing on the World Cup spot.”
Related Items:cheshire hall hospital, Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force, stab, woman, zodiac bar Woman shot, vehicle shot up in Kew Town ambush this morning Update: Women robbed while exercising (21 year old Arrested) Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 07 Sept 2015 – The Royal Turks and Caicos Islands Police Force is investigating a weekend stabbing that left a man in the hospital early Saturday morning.A female who police say he knew, stabbed the man twice, in his neck and leg. The incident occurred sometime after 1:30 Saturday morning at the Zodiac Bar on Aviation Drive. The man was taken to the Cheshire Hall Medical Center for treatment, luckily, the injuries were non-life threatening. Sources tell Magnetic Media that the attack may have been a domestic violence situation. Recommended for you Police read for kindergarten children as part of school program
Witness cracking under pressure, former Bahamas Senator legal team working up to ‘no trial’ Related Items:#BarbaraHannatotestifies, #FrankSmithtrial, #magneticmedianews Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Bahamas, November 30, 2017 – Nassau – The key witness in the extortion trial of Frank Smith said that she wants to be anywhere but in the courtroom testifying to the alleged crimes of the former PLP Senator. Smith is charged with 15 crimes linked to Barbara Hanna, who won a cleaning contract with the Public Hospitals Authority.Hanna testified that the Police came to her about the case and that eventually she did cooperate with the investigation. Barbara Hanna testified on day one of the trial that Frank Smith asked her for $5,000 once she had won the $43,350 annual contract and that she thought it was a one-time payment to the public official, but not so, she discovered. Month after month, from April 2016 to April 2017 she made the payment, allegedly, to Smith despite reportedly being unable to afford to do so.Under cross examination, it was exposed that Barbara Hanna had secured a loan from Frank Smith in February 2016 – two months before securing the cleaning deal with the PHA. Barbara Hanna told Frank Smith’s attorney that she feels used, she did not say who is using her but said that she is not interested in being embroiled in a court matter and shared that she felt pressured to give the testimony. The trial continued today.#MagneticMediaNews#FrankSmithtrial#BarbaraHannatotestifies Day one former Bahamas Senator extortion trial, no stenographer
July 6, 2019 Posted: July 6, 2019 KUSI Newsroom Body found floating near Shelter Island Yacht Club KUSI Newsroom, SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – A man’s body was pulled out of the water near a yacht club on Shelter Island today, the San Diego Harbor Patrol said.At about 7:30 a.m. Saturday, a passerby near the Silvergate Yacht Club spotted a body floating in the water and called the harbor patrol.San Diego police were alerted and a diver removed the body of an older adult male from the water. A medical examiner arrived to take over the investigation into the man’s death.No foul play is suspected, said Harbor Patrol Lt. Jensen Brian. Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
While on Holt Lamplight we reached speeds of over 100 mph, and again traveling in the opposite lane of travel. Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska State Troopers observed a vehicle traveling at high rate of speed on the Kenai Spur Highway, on April 3, around 5:10am. According to an online Trooper dispatch released on April 7, the driver Trevor Hallstead turned onto Holt Lamplight it drove into the opposite lane of travel and a turn signal was not activated, at that time AST patrol activated emergency equipment and the vehicle sped up. Hallstead was arrested and charged with felony elude, reckless driving, reckless endangerment and no insurance.